Thursday, November 19, 2009

The Reanimation Library

Recently, I visited The Reanimation Library
Located in Brooklyn, this was such a unique collection of books that are considered to be somewhat "useless" and that not a lot of people would have interest in anymore. However, for those seeking something very different and to spark some creative interest, I highly recommend this little treasure trove on Union Street.

From the website, some of the material you can find is as follows:
textbooks
pedagogical aides
"how-to" books,
atlases
scientific, medical, and technical manuals
government documents
books about the natural world (yes!)
space exploration
urban planning

Almost all the books I saw had beautiful drawings and photos in them as well. I happened to pick up the book called Traveling with The Birds, from 1933, and "Treasure Hunting Tips and Metal Detector Facts", from 1975.

Also, the library's own image archive
was fantastic.

I intend to explore this page more and all the links accompanying it soon.

Oh,
Hi.
I have a blog again.
Sometimes I have things to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment