Friday, April 16, 2010

I don't mean to brag...

but I keep obtaining more and more cameras for FREEEEEEEEEEEEEE! and polaroid film! bwahahahaah!

so the latest good grab is as follows:

i was doing some spying on ebay for a polaroid id portraiture camera--one that would take 4 photos on a sheet. Or 2. Or 6. Sure enough I found one, and hidden in the description of this camera was that it included some film. A photo that accompanied showed a wealth of polaroid film - 600 and spectra... definitely expired but not horrifically expired. Had this been made aware of in the description it definitely would have been bid on.

Naturally, I used my paypal credit line and obtained this camera.
It showed up today at work.

To my disappointment however, I found no way to turn this on, and also saw that there was a section for a key. Digging through in research, I found that the only way to turn this camera on was by a key, which was not included in the box. I called the company i got it from and they didn't have the key and said "we'll just refund you, you can keep the camera." 3 minutes later I got refunded the amount of the camera plus the shipping in my paypal account. AND i get to keep the film for free.

So just now, I called someone from a laminex distributer in New York, who was extremely friendly, and inquired if I could get a key. I gave him my the serial number. Sure enough, there's a key that will work for this, that I am getting sent at no charge.

:)

So once again, I got a free camera and will find way less space in my room to store it.

the end!
xxxxxxooxoxoxoxoxo.

1 comment: